- As Deputy of Development and Planning at the Saudi Arabian General Sports Authority, Her Royal Highness Princess Reema bint Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud is the first woman to lead a federation covering sporting activities for men and women.Selected in September 2014 by Forbes Middle East magazine as one of the most powerful 200 Arab women, Princess Reema was also recognized as a Young Global Leader in 2015, Foreign Policy Magazine Global Thinker Mogul in 2014, Business of Fashion’s Top 500 people working in fashion industry (2013 and 2014), and as Fast Company’s Most Creative Person of 2014. Most recently, she was awarded the Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Creative Sport Award in its Ninth Edition.
Over the past decade, Princess Reema has established a profile for advocacy of business growth, community health and women’s development issues. Her efforts as a global ambassador for positive social change are recognized internationally and she has become one of the most visionary voices for a more conjoined world.
In 2013 Her Highness founded Alf Khair, a social enterprise with an aim to elevate the professional capital of Saudi women through a structured curriculum focusing on professional guidance and career management. She had previously served for seven years as CEO of Alfa International, a multi-brand luxury retail company. With the goal of empowering women in mind, comprehensive training programs were developed for female staff members, which took place at a time when the retail sector struggled to be a gender-inclusive workspace.
Another Alf Khair project initiative ‘10KSA’, a holistic health awareness-raising endeavor with a focus on breast cancer that brought together more than 10,000 women in December 2015 in Riyadh. Alf Khair was awarded a Guinness Book of World Record for organizing the World’s Largest Human Awareness Ribbon 2015 for breast cancer awareness, something Her Highness had also achieved in 2010.
- Leadership Champion, Women Entrepreneurs Financial Initiative (We-Fi) (2018- present)
- Member, Women in Sports Committee /Saudi Arabian Olympic Committee (2018- present)
- Board Member, International Policy Advisory Board, Uber (2016-2017)
- Advisory Board Member, Saudi National Creative Initiative (2013-2015)
- Founding Board Member, Zahra Breast Cancer Association (2007-2016)
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Arts, Museum Studies, Mount Vernon College, George Washington University
- THNK School of Creative Leadership, Executive Education
H.R.H Princess Reema Bint Bandar Al Saudlana2018-11-21T14:10:18+00:00