Leena Al Olaimy is Co-founder and Managing Director of 3BL Associates (3BL), an award-winning people+planet strategy consultancy and think-do-tank that has innovated initiatives like Diversity On Board, Public-Planet Partnerships, Reimagine MENA, and Diabetes.bh.As one of the region’s first sustainable development consultancies, and the first Arab Consulting Affiliate of Michael Porter and Mark Kramer’s Shared Value Initiative, through 3BL, Leena advises companies on designing multi-stakeholder strategies that generate a triple bottom line of profits, social impact and environmental regeneration. She has also advised regional governments, several UN organizations, and international NGOs like Nobel Peace Prize nominee, Search for Common Ground.
Leena is also an Impact Advisor to London-based impact investment firm, Future Planet Capital, which focuses on connecting large investors, including sovereign wealth funds, with hard-to-access opportunities in technology and life sciences.
Among Leena’s notable awards and honors are being selected as a Wall Street Journal‘Woman of Note’, and listed among Bahrain’s Most Influential Women in Business in the Gulf. She is also a Fulbright Scholar, a Dalai Lama Fellow, and is the author of the forthcoming book, Fundamentalist: Why We Need Greater Inclusion to Counter Terrorism, which will be published by the San Francisco based, Berrett-Koehler.
Leena has also served as judge and mentor for HRH the Duke of York’s Pitch@Palace, MIT’s Arab Enterprise Forum, MIT’s Innovate for Refugees, Bloom Masters in Tunisia, and Ford’s MENA Environmental Conservation Grants Competition.
Leena began her career at Gulf Hill & Knowlton at the age of 18 years old. She previously worked at the Bahrain Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and as a communications and events consultant, organizing high-profile events like Forum for the Future, convening Middle Eastern heads of state and G8 Foreign Secretaries.
- Advisory Council Member, HRH Prince El Hassan Bin Talal’s West Asia North Africa (WANA) Forum, Jordan
- Board of Trustees, Bahrain Foundation for Dialogue, Bahrain
- Global Advisory Board Member, Causedirect, Switzerland
- Steering Committee Member, Chatham House ‘Future Dynamics in the Gulf’ project, London
- Chairperson of Board, Diversity On Board, MENA region
Awards and Honors
- Wall Street Journal Woman of Note
- Dalai Lama Fellow
- Fulbright Scholar
- Young Global Leader Award from Ras Al Khaimah Government
- HRH Princess Reema bint Bandar Al Saud’s 10KSA Bahrain Ambassador
- Salzburg Global Fellow
- Zamala Arab American Business Fellow
- Business in Gulf Most Influential Bahraini Women
- Soliya Conflict Resolution & Mediation Fellow
- Ashoka MENA Women Powering Work Thought Leader
- THNK School for Creative Leadership Fellow
Education and Qualifications
- Singularity University, Executive Education Program, Silicon Valley, USA
- Global White Lion Protection Trust, Inter-species Communication, South Africa
- THNK School for Creative Leadership, Amsterdam
- Biomimicry 3.8 Institute, Fundamentals of Biomimicry for Youth Educators
- Harvard Business School, Executive Education: ‘Setting New Professional Directions’ focusing on Women’s Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- Dartmouth College, MA Liberal Studies, Globalization (distinction)
- New York University, B.Sc. Culture and Interpersonal Communications