Reem Khouri is the founder and CEO of Kaamen, Arabic for “untapped potential.” Kaamen is a social enterprise that aims to support organizations in designing their economic and social contracts with societies by adopting innovative, impact-driven models, programs, tools and processes for higher efficiency and revenues. Kaamen has worked in the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Latin America with governments, corporations, NGOs and social enterprises. Reem is also an Associate at 3BL Associates, a people + planet strategy consultancy, and Faculty at Amani Institute in Nairobi, Kenya.Reem serves on numerous global and regional boards. She was recognized as one of the World’s 100 Most Influential Arabs Under 40 by Arabian Business Magazine and is a Young Global Leader of the World Economic Forum.Previously, Reem served as the Manager of the CEO’s Operations at Aramex, one of the leading global logistics and transportation solutions providers, and the first company from the Arab world to go public on the NASDAQ stock exchange. She served on its sustainability council and worked directly with the company’s founder and CEO, Fadi Ghandour on sustainability, strategy, research and entrepreneurial initiatives.
Prior to joining Aramex, she served as a commercial coordinator and assistant to the financial manager of a subsidiary company of Morganti Group working on public and private partnerships and infrastructure projects in the Palestinian Occupied territories.
- Board member of Ruwwad for Development, MENA Region
- Board Vice Chairman of Ruwwad Micro Venture Fund, Jordan
- Board Member of National Microfinance Bank of Jordan
- Advisory Board Member of Alf Khair, Saudi Arabia
- Advisory Board Member of Demeter Entrepreneurs Support Network, Global
- Advisory Board Member of Ethaar Journeys, Jordan
- Advisory Board Member of Nakhweh, Jordan
- Advisory Board member of Urdun Shop, Jordan
Activities, Recognition, Awards
- Listed in 2015 and 2016 as one of the World’s 100 Most Influential Arabs Under 40 by Arabian Business Magazine.
- Selected by the World Government Summit in 2018 as one of 100 Arab Young Pioneers contributing to the development of the region.
- Selected in 2018 by the World Economic Forum as a Young Global Leader.