Rym’s mission is to help cities and youth rise to their full potential through shaping the strategic direction of an organisation to leverage such a framework.
As founder of Medina Works, a sustainability consultancy operating out of Tunisia and Montreal, Rym architects context-specific, inclusive and innovative strategies, programs and solutions to help governments, businesses and not-profit organisations embrace social and environmental impact creation as a driver for growth.
An urban sustainability catalyst and social innovator, Rym brings fifteen years of global experience, having worked with a range of clients, such as Masdar, Louvre Abu Dhabi, the City of Amsterdam, and Nokia’s Head Office in Finland, to integrate sustainable cities policies, sustainable buildings design, youth development and impact measurement.
Rym is also an Advisor for the Fondation BIAT pour la Jeunesse, working with the board and executive team to facilitate a nation-wide full-cycle Entrepreneurship Support Program in Tunisia. This includes spearheading flagship programs like BloomMasters Startup Competition in partnership with the MIT Arab Enterprise Forum, SPARK Ideation Camps, les Cercles de l’Entrepreneuriat, and initiating the establishment of Endeavor Tunisia. She also co-founded Cogite, Tunisia’s first co-working space–chosen by Forbes as one of the “10 Best Co-working Spaces on Earth”.
Rym previously worked as a consultant for the Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council leading the development of the Estidama Pearl Rating System program, a pioneering green building rating system localized for the MENA region. As an active member of the World Green Building Council, Rym advises and supports capacity development of other green building councils in the region.
- Board Member, Endeavor Tunisia
- Advisor to the Board, Fondation BIAT pour la Jeunesse
Education and Qualifications
- Creative Leadership Program, THNK The Amsterdam School for Creative Leadership, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. (2014-2015)
- Executive Education Course, Social Entrepreneurship, INSEAD, Singapore (2012)
- A.Sc, Building Engineering, Concordia University, Canada (2001-2003)
- Eng. Civil Engineering and Urban Planning, INSA de Lyon, FRANCE (1995-2000)
- Diploma of Initial Studies in Architecture, Ecole d’Architecture de Lyon, FRANCE (1997-2000)
Notable Speaking Engagements